Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fun with Scissors

Abigail has been using kid-friendly scissors on and off for about a year now. For the most part she likes cutting paper into confetti-sized pieces. It's a bit messy, but it keeps her occupied when I need to do a chore of some sort. She also uses her scissors for some of her homeschool activities and is getting quite proficient at using them.

Sometimes Sarah gets a hold of Abigail's scissors and goes straight for our countdown chain. I've had to repair that silly thing quite a few times now. I guess Sarah thinks she can speed up the waiting process by cutting the chain to pieces!

This brings me to our amusing story. Yesterday I was in the middle of cooking dinner and checking things out online (I have to be honest with you all). I could hear the sound of scissors scissor-ing in the other room. I immediately called out for Sarah to stop cutting the chain. It was then when I saw Abigail in my doorway, scissors in hand, up in her hair! Her hair that she took almost two years to grow enough for
pigtails!

I ran straight for her and the scissors and tried to assess the damage. She ended up cutting a decent amount of hair, though not to the point where the untrained eye would notice it. She did this one handed, so she ended up "thinning" her hair out rather than chopping it off.
Needless to say, this made for an interesting conversation with Daddy while he was at work - and it is another thing we can laugh about now that it's over.

The hair:

The "damage" (not a great angle, she cut mostly from the right side):

The spectator:

No comments: