Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Another Year Older and Wiser

Jonathan's birthday was last week. We had a small cake for him on his actual birthday and then celebrated with family on Friday.

The original plan on his birthday was to go out to eat using a generous coupon for a free entree and dessert. However, the girls were under the weather, so we saved the coupon for our anniversary. Because Jonathan wasn't going to have any sort of dessert for his birthday I decided to whip up a small cake for him. I had quite the time cutting down a recipe to 1/3 of the original size, but it worked out!



For the past 6 or so years I've made Jonathan his favorite cake, German Chocolate. Since we found out about Abigail's allergy I've made it without pecans. Well, I just don't think it tastes the same without the nuts, so I thought I'd try something new. Enter Pinterest and a recipe I pinned last fall for Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake. It was SO good.



The girls were very excited to celebrate their Daddy's birthday.

No comments: