Sarah had her first trip to the Emergency Room last night. It was a normal crazy night of getting the girls cleaned up for bed. This time though, I hadn't made Abigail's bed (it was laundry day), so Jonathan took care of that while I tended to Lily and Abigail.
Sarah was quietly minding her own business on the floor in her room when Jonathan moved the bunk beds, causing the unattached ladder to fall over, right onto Sarah's little head. I didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the wound, and then it started bleeding. I thought we'd need help, so our good friends came over to get Sarah to the ER (we didn't think she'd be into holding a towel on the wound to stop the bleeding). Thankfully, though, things were stable enough for Jonathan to take her on his own.
According to Daddy, Sarah was very brave.
She now has three staples in her head. I'm hoping it isn't too hard to keep her from wanting to touch/scratch at it for the next 10 days. We'll see!