Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day

I figured we'd get to an early start on Christmas morning, but the girls were so wiped out from the day before. Abigail woke up at 6:40 and we woke up Sarah shortly after. The girls were excited to see their goodies.

Jonathan gave me an awesome stand mixer. It's one of those things I've always wanted but didn't need. Now that I have one I'll use it every chance I get.

We got to church a bit late and then headed to Nonna and Papa's for more Christmas festivities. Our girls got plenty of new toys to play with. Abigail was especially excited about her roller skates.

The girls also got cute animals from Auntie Laura and Uncle Nick. They each came with books that gave responses when you read certain phrases.

Oh, and remember the cross-stitch pattern I gave my Mom two years ago? I finally finished it.

Here's Grandpa holding a content Lily:

Auntie Cathy got the girls matching jammies. We made several attempts at getting a decent picture of the girls wearing them.

We had a great weekend celebrating Christmas with our little family and our extended family. It's been fun seeing Abigail understand a bit more about why we celebrate Christmas when we lit our advent candles. Sarah doesn't quite get it, but she does know about baby Jesus. I'm looking forward to celebrating again next year when all three girls are older

No comments: