Sunday, January 1, 2012

Why Hello, 2012!

Jonathan and I celebrated New Year's Eve the same way we did last year. We fed the girls and put the girls to bed (Lily even slept too). Then we had a cozy, quiet, Chinese food dinner and watched movies before watching the ball drop.

After dinner I used my new stand mixer to make a recipe I found on Pinterest for Overnight Monkey Bread. It was so nice to have a machine do the kneading for me! I liked the idea of having breakfast mostly taken care of the night before. It turned out really yummy! The girls had their fill. It isn't exactly the breakfast most people would eat to kick off the New Year, but we did have fruit with it too, so that should balance things out a bit.

The girls wore their matching dresses that Grandma and Papa Kapaldo got them for Christmas. I didn't get it in the picture, but they came with adorable tights too.

Here's an outtake:

Here's Lily doing something we didn't see a lot of on the first day of 2012: sleeping!

I've made New Year's resolutions in the past, but not in recent years. As I've mentioned before, I'm really good at starting things and not always finishing them. I end up feeling pretty defeated in the end. Sure, I have goals I want to achieve and areas of personal growth I want to experience, but I don't need the added pressure of resolutions. Instead, I'm going to do what our Pastor suggested today in his first sermon of the year: ask God for something big in 2012-something only God could do. And then go on living life in a way that shows I believe God will answer. I encourage you to do the same. I'm excited to see what happens!

No comments: