Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's Cooking: Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Ever heard of Pinterest? I've mentioned it a few times and really like the site. There are so many unique craft ideas and recipes I would never think to google. Last night I decided to look at recently pinned recipes and saw this one for Creamy Chicken Taquitos. I'm not a big pinner, and only try to pin things I am likely to try out. This recipe was something I had to try out as soon as possible.

Modifications/Substitutions: I didn't use cumin or green onions. Instead of fresh cilantro, I used dried oregano leaves.

Ease
: This was so easy to make. I especially liked the fact that these were baked, rather than fried. The hardest part about making the meal was dealing with my two older girls who kept coming into the kitchen. This recipe gets 4.5 stars for ease.


Affordability: This recipe was pretty affordable. Like always the chicken was on sale. Other ingredients were affordable as well - 4.5 stars.

Taste
: Jonathan and I loved these. They made for a perfect treat to eat while watching football. We gave it 5 stars for taste.

Family-Friendly
: One reason I wanted to try this recipe was because I was convinced that the girls would love it and eat it up. I was wrong. We really had to push them to eat theirs for some reason, and they didn't finish. Abigail told me she thought it was too spicy. Maybe I would use some cheese other than pepper jack. For our girls though and the way I made them, I'm afraid this recipe will only get 2 stars.

No comments: