Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's Cooking: Creamy Pasta Primavera

This is a recipe I found on Kraft Recipes. I liked the incorporation of fresh vegetables, which I don't often use (we typically use frozen). It also looked simple and easy. So I present to you Creamy Pasta Primavera.

Modifications/Substitutions: I didn't use asparagus because I just didn't want to.

Ease: This recipe was very easy to execute, especially with energetic girls running around. I'll give it 4 stars.

Affordability: Chicken, like always, was purchased on sale. Also, the vegetables were pretty reasonably priced. I'll also go with 4 stars for this category.

Taste: Jonathan and I were both quite pleased with how this meal turned out. Simple and few ingredients yielded great flavor - 4.5 stars.

Family Friendly: The girls both ate their pasta. Abigail avoided her vegetables, but did try a piece of zucchini. Sarah is more adventurous and, while she didn't actually eat her vegetables, she did try the zucchini, squash, and pepper. At what point do you sit at the table until plates are clean? What is an appropriate age to "force" your kids to eat veggies? Anyway, only 3 stars go for this category because the veggies remained.

What's Cooking Rating: 4 stars (rounded up to nearest 0.25)

No comments: