Friday, June 17, 2011

Boy or Girl? A Series of "Scientific" Experiments

I am just so excited to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. So, I decided that, just for fun, I would submit myself to a few “tests” in an attempt to predict if this little one is a boy or a girl. Enjoy my “scientific” exploration.

Heart Rate
Test: According to this website, a higher heart rate (over 140) indicates you are carrying a girl.
Verdict: GIRL-My last appointment showed a rate of 155.

Chinese Gender Chart

Test: By charting the mother’s age and month of conception you can predict your baby’s gender with up to 90 percent accuracy! That’s according to this website anyway.
Verdict: BOY (didn’t know that February is the first lunar month for 2011)

Baking Soda Test

Test: So, I didn’t find any official looking websites that talked about this, just mostly mommy message boards. If you really want to know what it involves, check this out.
Verdict: BOY

Wedding Ring Test

Test: Tie your wedding ring to a piece of string and hold over your belly while laying down. If it swings in a strong circular motion you are having a girl, if it moves like a pendulum you are having a boy.
Verdict: INCONCLUSIVE-When I held the string I got “boy”, when Abigail did we got “girl”. Then I kept trying and I got both.

Old Wives Tales

Test: This website has a handy dandy survey that asks about cravings, weight gain, baby movement, etc.
Verdict: 60% chance BOY, 40% chance GIRL

Mom's Gut
At the risk of being wrong come next week, I thought I'd share my gut feeling about what we're having. Even though this pregnancy is very similar to my previous two I have a "feeling" that Baby #3 is a boy. There. I said it.

We’ll see how accurate these tests prove to be next Friday-as long as the baby cooperates anyway!

No comments: