Monday, August 9, 2010

Family Cookout

After our morning trip to Fenway Park we ventured west for what I hope is an annual Gualteri Family cookout. We gathered together last year to celebrate my Grandfather's 80th birthday party.

The girls spent most of their time either in the pool or the ball pit. Sarah loved the ball pit. The way she lounged around in it for the first time you would have thought it was a hot tub! Abigail also took advantage of the wide open and fence-less spaces to run around.

After everyone filled their tummies with wonderful food and dessert my Dad and second cousin broke out their guitars. I often remember the "old" days when I was a kid and everyone would sing at family get-togethers. It was nice to see it happen again.

And, like last year, my Aunt had a caricaturist, Don Landgren of Partoons, who did another family portrait of us.

My Aunt sure knows how to throw a party! I look forward to this hopefully being yet another family tradition.

1 comment:

thepunkrockmom said...

Found your blog through Just Another Manic Momday, And I wanted to say I love it! Your daughters are absolutely adorable! :) Love your pictures!

Hope to see you around the bloggy-verse!
<3MaryAnne