Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nap Time

I have to say that lately I have been very blessed when it comes to nap time!

Sarah takes her first nap anywhere between two and three hours after she wakes up for the day. Her morning naps will last one to two hours. She goes down relatively easy. It is rare that I put her down for her morning nap already asleep.

Afternoon nap time has been so wonderful lately. I almost hesitate to tell everyone about it because I'm afraid things will change once I make this public ;-) Around 1:15 I give Abigail some milk, change her, read her a book, and say "night night". For the past three weeks or so (except during vacation) she has fallen asleep only 30 minutes later. AND she sleeps for two whole hours! AND she wakes up in a good mood! Who could ask for anything more?

About 15 or so minutes after I get Abigail in bed, I go ahead and feed Sarah. About half of the time I put her down asleep. But if she's awake, she'll fall asleep 99 percent of the time in just a few minutes. AND Abigail sleeps through all of this!

Ahhh, it is just after 2:00 and all is quiet in the apartment...

This isn't a nap time picture, but it is sleep related. This is how both the girls sit when we read them a bedtime story.

No comments: