Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Other Weekend Happenings

We managed to pack in all sorts of fun into our weekend. Here's a bit more of what we experienced.

Fun Outside
One of the first things the girls wanted to do when we arrived in Virginia was to play outside. The weather was pretty much perfect for it. This was actually one of Abigail's most frequent requests-to go outside. Here are some pictures of Abigail helping Papa rake leaves and some more of them playing with Lily.



Funny Faces
We did end up playing outside for a bit on Thursday afternoon. The only bad thing about it was the mosquitoes. They were attacking like crazy. The main victims were my feet and the girls' faces. Things seemed pretty normal Thursday night and all day Friday. On Saturday morning, though, when I was washing my hands Abigail was behind me telling me her "eye wasn't working". I told her it was probably because she just woke up. And then I looked at her. This is what I saw (sorry for the poor camera phone quality):



I couldn't believe she had this sort of reaction, and a whole day and a half later! Sarah was a bit swollen too, but not nearly as much (and one of Sarah's other bites near her eye swelled up a bit more on Monday). Thankfully this was the only side-effect to the bug bites. We saw no fevers or difficulty breathing, just puffy faces (which the nurse told us was common, especially since they had been laying down all night).

Birthday Wishes
Sarah and her Uncle Nathaniel share the same birthday, so Papa bought a cake to celebrate. Sarah also got to open her present from Grandma and Papa Kapaldo.



No comments: