Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Getting in the Way

A few things have prevented me from posting in a while. I'll share them with you in an effort to keep you all up to date.

Boogers
Boogers get in the way of a lot of things, namely they get in the way of sleep, feeding (in the case of Lily), and blogging. Lily has been congested the last few days leading to more time spent trying to get her to sleep and eat. Hopefully things will clear up soon!

School
While we do not set aside a huge part of our day to school we are still going strong. We are in our sixth week of school. The girls and I have covered the first five letters of the alphabet and are spending this week reviewing. I hope to share more at the end of the week.

Technical Difficulties
We had the opportunity to join other homeschooling friends to Salem's Pioneer Village last Friday. Our trip had its share of highs and lows. One of the lows included our camera malfunctioning in a way that required repairs. In the end we decided to buy a newer model, which should arrive tomorrow!

Freedom!
I've joined a weekly group at church called Redemption Groups. I'm not going to get into it here, but it is easy to see that this will be a great investment of just a few hours of my next 7 or so Monday evenings.

More to Come
We've got a lot happening in the coming weeks including apple picking, Sarah's third birthday, and a visit to Virginia to celebrate the marriage of my brother-in-law and future sister-in-law. 

Because of camera issues I don't have any recent pictures. So, how about one of Sarah from back in the "olden days" in honor of her upcoming special day?

I hope to catch up with you all soon!

No comments: