- Learn about our verse of the week (found in the book My ABC Bible Verses) and memorize the verse
- Color (either a picture depicting the verse (1+1+1=1 Raising Rockstars Preschool), a fun animal letter or a hidden picture with upper and lower case letters (Education.com).
- Writing practice (for Sarah this mostly involves tracing, Abigail writes the letters out)
- Making the letter of the week (either with Tangrams or our Geoboards)
- Letter hunt (this is mainly for Sarah's benefit to help her identify the letter of the week among the other letters in the alphabet)
- Craft (this mostly relates to some main item/animal I choose that begins with the letter of the week)
For our review week we spent one day on each letter. I thought that our first four verses would make perfect family rules. So, we created "posters" to remind us of our rules. Here are pictures of Sarah helping out, as well as our finished product.
And here are certificates I made up to show that the girls know their first five verses and the first five letters of the alphabet. Way to go girls!