Thursday, February 10, 2011

My New Job

I got a job last week. It is very part-time - three hours one day a week. A local church has a mom's organization that meets, I help with child care. There are a number of benefits that go along with my new job...

We Get Out More...
We visit my Mom once a week and will run an errand or two. But, with the cold and wet winter I find myself being more of a homebody, though this has resulted in two cases of cabin fever. This is something the girls can look forward to each week.

The Girls Get to Gab...
The girls spend a lot of time with each other, but don't spend a lot of time with other kids (outside of their cousin and kids from church). I work in a room with boys and girls Sarah's age and older while Abigail spends time with other 2-3 year olds. Plus, I get to talk with other women I work with, you know, actual ADULTS!

Abigail Learns a Thing or Two...
The older children have a curriculum they go through, which I love! Abigail gets a little taste of what school is like. In honor of this job benefit Nonna bought Abigail her own little backpack. Here is a picture of her ready to head out...

Moo-la...
Let's face it, this is a 3 hour a week, 12 hour a month job - I won't be able to buy a new wardrobe or put a down payment on a house, but it is nice to have a little extra cash. This is like icing on the cake. I am most excited about the getting out/socializing/learning aspects of the job.

Thank you to my dear friend who brought this opportunity up and looked into it for me! I love my new job :-)

No comments: