Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Twilight Zone

I don't know who those two little girls sleeping peacefully in the other room are. I feel like I'm in an episode of The Twilight Zone. Today has been a remarkably great day! It started with both girls sleeping through the night last night.

I got advice from a friend to take the girls out every morning in an effort to help with the nap struggles we've been having (particularly with Abigail and not going to sleep). Today was the second day we ventured out. We went to the mall. Yes, to the mall. Oh, and did I mention we took the double stroller? Better yet, Abigail actually sat in the double stroller! I explained to her a few times during Sarah's morning nap that we were going to the mall, that we had a few stores to go to, and that she would have to sit in the stroller. Abigail and Sarah did great and stayed put while I did some shopping. We finished our mall visit with a trip to the indoor play-place. And then it was time to leave. Abigail sat in the stroller again for our trip to the van. She did cry for a bit once we actually exited the mall, but went into the van without a fight.

It was lunchtime when we got home. Abigail ate all of her lunch. All of it!

Then came the dreaded nap time. Abigail got out of bed a few times, but she fell asleep. Sarah slept too.

I had a dermatologist appointment this afternoon and had to drop Abigail off at a friend's house so I would only have to take Sarah with me. We arrived on time and Abigail was more than happy to play with her friends. Sarah and I headed off to my appointment and I thought of ways I'd entertain her in the waiting area when BOOM! YOU FORGOT YOUR WALLET IN THE DIAPER BAG!!! YOUR DAY IS NOW A BAD ONE!! HA! I had to turn around to get it. We were only 10 minutes late. Sarah screamed during the second half of my appointment, but she got over it.

This is turning into a long post. I must share the icing on the cake though. Tonight I put Sarah in her crib while she was still awake (gasp)! She fell asleep 10 minutes later. And Abigail is sleeping too. Thank you God for such a great day!

Here is Abigail modeling a new dress we got today:


No comments: