Thursday, September 30, 2010

2.5 Years

Abigail is two-and-a-half years old today. She has grown and developed in so many ways.


Girl Talk
Abigail starts talking as soon as she wakes up in the morning and does not stop until she falls asleep at night (well, she does take a break during nap time too). She likes to observe out loud, pointing out trucks, trees, motorcycles on the way to Grandma's and telling me that "red means stop" and "green means go". She likes to tell Sarah to "come here" and I hear her say, "no Sarah" quite a bit too. Abigail also likes to burst into song during the day, which is really cute.

Playtime
It is so cute to watch Abigail play on her own. She takes good care of her stuffed kitty and baby dolls. She also throws birthday parties for her tub-toy ducks. I love seeing her imagination at work. Sarah's her little shadow. She would rather play along with Abigail instead of watch. Abigail hasn't gotten used to the idea of playing together yet. Though, they do like to play, I'm Gonna Get You where they chase each other around the room.

Testing the Waters
Abigail is always pushing the envelope. She is feisty and very vocal when it comes to what she wants. I'll tell her "no" and she gives me a look before doing exactly what I told her not to do. She gives me the same look when we are out and about (with no doors/gates/fences) right before she runs off.

In six short months Abigail will be three-the thought of this blows me away. Ahhh! I was looking through old pictures the other day and came across this one (taken in May 2009). I can't believe she's grown so much! No more baby talk, baby rolls, baby steps.


No comments: