Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's Cooking: Stealthy Veggies Edition - Part I

My girls love bean soup. When I saw a recipe for Cauliflower, Bacon and Cheese soup on Pinterest I thought to myself, "Hmmm, I wonder if they would eat that up like they eat up their bean soup?" I figured they would because it had a smooth consistency and because it might not taste too vegetable-y. So I gave it a shot.

Modifications/Substitutions: The only thing I did differently was using a hand blender instead of a standard blender.

Ease: This recipe was so easy to make - 5 stars.

Affordability: This recipe is very affordable. The most expensive ingredient was the bacon, and I only used a few slices (so the rest was plenty for another meal). I'll go with 5 stars for affordability.

Taste: Jonathan and I were very pleased with the final product. The bacon made for a perfect garnish. Because it didn't knock our socks off though, I'll only give it 4.5 stars.

Family-Friendly: Abigail kept asking me if we were having bean soup for dinner. I would only respond by saying, "It's like bean soup". The girls were off to a great start dipping their crackers in their soup and spooning it into their mouths. Once the soup cooled, though, they weren't as into it. I'll only go with 4 stars because they didn't quite finish.

What's Cooking Rating: 4.75 (rounded up to the nearest 0.25)

No comments: