Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What's Cooking: Garlic Cheesy Bread

There are one or two meals we have every week just to make things easier. One of those meals is pasta with tomato sauce. I thought I'd make it a meal worth looking forward to a few weeks ago by trying yet another recipe I found on Pinterest. I happened to notice a friend of mine pin a recipe for Garlic Cheesy Bread.

Modifications/Substitutions: I did not have bread flour, so I used all-purpose. Also, I didn't have garlic butter, so I made my own (butter, garlic powder, parsley, and a touch of salt). Because I was short on time, I didn't let the dough rise quite as long as I was supposed to (and I didn't let it cool as long as I was supposed to before slicing). I think my choice in flour and rising times definitely impacted the final product (which I'll explain below).

Ease: This was time-consuming (really only for the dough to rise), but very easy to make. I'll give the recipe 3.5 stars.

Affordability: I pretty much had everything I needed, and most of the ingredients are normal kitchen staples. Five stars for affordability.

Taste: This bread tasted pretty good, though it was a little chewier that I would have liked. I think this has to do with the fact that (1) I used regular flour and (2) I didn't let the dough rise as long as the recipe called. Four stars for taste.

Family Friendly: I think the girls would have liked it more if it wasn't as chewy. Jonathan and I ended up eating most of it and the girls did a little nibbling, but not more than that. I'll give it 3 stars because I think it was my fault they didn't like it.

No comments: