Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

When the girls got up on Tuesday morning I reminded them of what day it was. You would have thought it was Christmas. Abigail ran all over the room jumping and shouting, "It's Valentine's Day! It's Valentine's Day!"

They started off Valentine's Day decorating heart-shaped sugar cookies with my (I mean
our) friend Jennifer.

Then we decided to dress up in Valentine's Day wear for a mini photo shoot:

Jonathan and I started a V-Day tradition once we were married that we have stuck with. Instead of going out to dinner he makes a special meal and I make a special dessert. I figured the girls wouldn't be interested in what he was making, so I fed them and had them ready for bed by the time Jonathan got home.

The girls were greeted by a Daddy bearing gifts. They were so excited to each get a flower and special Valentine's Day card from Daddy. I got flowers and a card too :-)

We put the girls to bed and Jonathan started cooking. I even managed to get Lily to bed. And, wouldn't you know it, Lily slept through dinner! No one had to eat and hold her at the same time! It was a special, quiet dinner where we were able to have a great conversation. Oh, and did I mention that dinner was awesome!? Jonathan made coffee crusted rib-eye, a recipe we found on Pinterest.

For dessert we had red velvet cake pops (another Pinterest find). They were very yummy.

All in all it was a great Valentine's Day-much better than last years' when we were hit with the stomach bug!

No comments: