Friday, October 15, 2010

Sarah is ONE!

As of 2:20 this afternoon Sarah will officially be one year old. I'm sure you will not be surprised to hear that I cannot believe she is a year old already!

It blows my mind that a whole year ago today I was holding a tiny little beautiful baby in my arms. I really wasn't sure how having two-under-two kids would work out. It hasn't been easy, but the rewards have been more than worth the tough times.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Sarah's unique personality develop. It is so fun to see how different two girls born of the same parents can be!

My feelings are a bit more bitter-sweet with Sarah hitting this milestone than they were when Abigail turned one. I think the main difference is because when Abigail turned one, we already knew about Sarah. But now, my baby-my youngest-is turning one. Instead of having "empty nest" syndrome I think I have "empty womb" syndrome.

Every time Sarah learns something new I almost cringe-my baby is growing up too fast. Whether she is taking her first few steps, climbing the stairs, drinking from a sippy cup, or learning how to steer her walker on her own, I gasp a little. My baby can't be one already! Before I know it she'll be singing This is the Day and telling me she loves me. Before I know it she'll be running around the house, kicking bouncy balls, and really getting into things. Where does the time go?

Happy birthday, Sarah! We love you so much and look forward to watching you continue to grow and develop into the young lady God wants you to be!

No comments: