Monday, July 30, 2012

Busy Week

Last week was a busy one for the Kapaldo girls. Abigail had her second year of Vacation Bible School, which had all of us pretty busy and exhausted by the end of the week. We also celebrated Nonna's birthday and spent all day Saturday at a family reunion. I'll post a little more about each later this week.

I was trying to explain "knock knock" jokes to Abigail by giving her one of the only examples I could remember (you know, the banana one that ends up with "orange you glad I didn't say banana?"). She tried it herself and ended up with strawberries and "Aren't you glad I didn't say orange?" Then she decided to tell me a joke of her own:

Abigail: Why did the tree go in the hole?

Mom: I don't know, why?

Abigail: Because it was shellfish! (followed by laughter from her and Sarah)

I think she was mixing a few jokes up.

Lily is starting to climb things now. Jonathan will be on his iPad sitting cross-legged on the floor and she will manage to climb up into his lap. I brought her into the girls' room this morning so I could put their laundry away. I sat her next to the basket. She pulled herself up onto her knees and proceeded to "help" me empty the basket.

Sarah is doing well too. We're working on transitioning her to official "big girl" status (in other words, potty training). Let's just say I would never make it as a professional potty trainer.

We're having a great summer and are looking forward to what August brings!

I'll leave you with what would have been my Photo Friday's picture for last week.


No comments: