Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's Cooking: Stealthy Veggies Edition - Part II

Around the same time I saw a recipe for cauliflower soup I also saw a friend of mine pin a recipe for Carrot Zucchini Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.


Modifications/Substitutions: I didn't have a lemon, so I omitted the rind from the frosting. Also, I used a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flour instead of just all-purpose flour.

Ease: This recipe was very easy to make. The most time-consuming step was shredding the zucchini and carrot. I'll go with 4 stars for ease.


Affordability: This recipe is very affordable to make - 4.5 stars.

Taste: Jonathan and I really enjoyed this recipe. It wasn't overly sweet and the cake was nice and moist. I'll go with 4 stars here.

Family Friendly: The girls asked for seconds, though they didn't finish their second pieces. I'm still going with a high score-4.5 stars.

What's Cooking Rating: 4.25 stars. Also, I had more zucchini than I needed, so if you wanted another bread recipe, you can check out this one for Chocolate Zucchini Bread (the girls loved this one).

No comments: