Saturday, May 15, 2010

Auntie Laura's Baby Shower

Today my Mom and I threw my sister her baby shower. We had a tea/Winnie the Pooh theme. I spent a lot of time online trying to figure out what sort of tea foods to make. We ended up making cucumber mint sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, orange scones, blueberry lemon scones and shortbread cookies. I must say, they turned out great. Special thanks also goes to my Aunt who made cookies and my Grandma who made Laura's favorite bean salad.

Here are a few pictures of our decorations. We mixed tea with Winnie the Pooh because of his love of honey. Our favors were honey dippers with "Mommy to Bee" tags. It wasn't planned, but I think they ended up looking like baby rattles.

Bridget is going to be one fashionable baby. She got so many cute clothes and other baby essentials. My favorite gift Laura got was an interactive one. She got a bunch of adorable clothes from my Grandma all attached to a clothesline. I had seen this done at another shower, such a good idea!

And now some pictures of the Mommy-to-Be and hostesses. Abigail got in on the photo action too...

I cannot wait to meet little Miss Bridget in just a few short weeks!!!

No comments: