Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fun with Hair

I was bored one night the other week so I thought I'd play around with Abigail's hair. A number of months ago I attempted bantu knots but they didn't really turn out because Abigail messed around with them, they got wet in the bath, and some fell out during the night. I thought since Abigail was older she would be able to resist the temptation to mess with them. Plus, I waited until after her bath and right before bed to put them in.

I followed the directions, though I think I twisted her hair a bit too tightly. My poor girl was a bit uncomfortable, but she didn't make a big fuss about it.



At one point after I put the girls to bed I had to go help one of them with something. I found Abigail on her belly with her hands holding her head, elbows on the pillow. She didn't want to lay on her head. So, I showed her how she could lay on her side with little discomfort.

The next morning all of her knots were still intact. We took them out and then split them up. I think it was worth the trouble, I'll just make them a bit looser the next time. Or, I might try another idea I saw, which ended up being maybe 5 or so knots resulting in a more wavy hair look.


No comments: