Friday, November 9, 2012

First Snow of the Season

We went out with Auntie Laura, Bridget, and Nonna on Wednesday. On the way home the girls noticed a dusting of snow on the ground and cars the closer to home we got. It wasn't much, though throughout the night more snow fell to the point where there was a good inch of accumulation by Thursday morning.

On Wednesday night Jonathan mentioned the possibility of the girls going outside to play the next day to which I wanted to say, "Thanks a lot, Jonathan." Actually, I think I did say that out loud. Lily hadn't been feeling the best so I just didn't want to deal with going outside in the cold wet snow.

On Thursday morning I could hear Abigail as she looked out all of our windows. She was so excited to see the snow in "her" backyard. Then I heard her sneak into her bedroom to get Sarah so she could see the snow too. Then I heard them discuss their plan. They needed to get dressed, get their coats, hats, and gloves on and then they'd be ready to play in the snow. "Oh boy." I thought. Abigail came into our room to discuss the plan. Long story short, we agreed we would go outside during Lily's morning nap. So that is what we did.



Thankfully I didn't have to do a lot of convincing to get the girls to go inside. Mittens were getting wet and noses were getting chilly. Plus, I assured them they would see more snow in the future (I'm just hoping it isn't too much).

No comments: