Monday, January 31, 2011

I Am Thirty-One

I had a great time celebrating my birthday this weekend with family. On Saturday the four of us went to Not Your Average Joe's for lunch. We don't go out for sit-down meals that often, but when we do it ends up being a lot of fun. We ordered macaroni and cheese for the girls to share, but when they saw that Daddy had fries with ketchup they were all over his plate. Sarah followed Abigail's example and triple (sometimes quadruple) dipped her fries in the ketchup. We split a raspberry sorbet and ice cream for dessert.

The rest of the day was pretty lazy for me. As requested Jonathan and Abigail went to work on baking a cake. This was the first time the two of them have baked together, and the first time Jonathan got to see how Abigail "cracks" eggs. It was fun to watch them work together.

Jonathan had some work to do later that night so I hung out with two friends over dessert and hot tea.

On Sunday afternoon we headed over to my parents'. We had an amazing pasta dinner courtesy of my Grandma followed by cake and ice cream. Abigail insisted on party hats, so that explains why I am wearing an impromptu construction paper hat for one of these pictures.

I had a nice relaxing birthday weekend. Now it is back to life as usual. I'll let you know what 31 feels like in about a year :-)

No comments: