Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stay-At-Home Update

This weekend marks the end of my second full week as a stay-at-home mom. I must say that this week went so much better than last week. I think Abigail and I are getting used to being around each other all the time. We are starting to form a pretty consistent schedule/routine. The mornings are set: get up around 7, play around for a little bit, eat, play, and nap. After that it isn't as consistent, but we're working on it!

Abigail is doing really well with her solids at breakfast time. She'll have fruit and cereal, and then baby yogurt-which she really seems to like. At lunch time I really have to work at getting her to eat her solids. At dinner time-forget about it! I think I've discovered though that Abigail may prefer her veggies without cereal
mixed in. We'll see how that goes.

Now, for the icing on the cake-what made this week so wonderful: naps! Up until this point Abigail wasn't much of a napper. When she did nap, we usually had to lull her to sleep. On Monday I put her down for a nap. Due to my laziness I waited longer than usual to "comfort" her (a.k.a. try to lull her to sleep) so she ended up falling asleep on her own! She has had a number of naps this week where she pretty much fell asleep on her own. One time she even fell asleep gabbing rather than crying (and that nap lasted 2 hours when they average only 30 minutes!!!) I am so glad she call fall asleep on her own, I thought this would take a lot of work.


So, that's my week in a nutshell. Now, here are some cute pictures as requested by JoAnne:


Here is a picture of her eating yogurt:


Here is a picture of her trying on her hand-me-down snowsuit-it makes me think
of A Christmas Story when Ralphie's little brother couldn't get up or put his arms down:

And here is a picture of Abigail looking cute:

No comments: