Monday, November 17, 2008

Da-Da-Da-Da-Da

On Monday I had a frustrating time feeding Abigail her breakfast. So, after we both got messy, I decided to leave her in her chair while I cleaned up a bit. I was in her room putting her clothes away when I heard her gabbing. Up until this point her "talking" was limited to squealing. Well, now she moves her mouth more and is forming sounds. First it was da-da-da-da, but her favorite now seems to be bla-bla-bla-bla. It is so cute to see her moving her mouth. She seems to concentrate when she does it-maybe she is interested in how it feels to move her tongue and gums around. This makes her a bit more drooly now. The first thing Jonathan and I thought: we really need to watch what we say around her :-)

Last night Abigail spent a lot of time getting up on her hands and knees. Up until this point she gets from point "a" to point "b" using an army crawl. Anyway, last night she even rocked back and forth on her hands and knees. I really need to finish baby proofing!

Abigail also learned how to open coffee table drawers. She started this at Nonna's Monday afternoon and continued here at home last night. Man, she is becoming a cute little handful ;-)

No comments: