Sunday, June 29, 2008

Three Months!

Today is Abigail's three month birthday. She is growing so fast! I've been telling a lot of people that being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. This week was especially tough. I feel like I have been living out lessons learned from my church's James series (A Life Well Lived). I have especially related to the sermon "My Way, Thy Way" that talks about the verse that says talks about those who say "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit. Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow..." (James 4:13-14a). I tried making my plans with Abigail (tomorrow I'll put her down for a nap at 10 and then at 2 and I'll be able to do this and that) but they did not work out at all. Last week the sermon was on the P word: patience. My patience was tried this past week as Abigail and I struggled during her feeding times. Anyway, the big lesson I need to put in to practice is that: yes, this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do SO, I need to not try to do it on my own and depend on God!

Happy Birthday Abigail! I thank God for you! Here are some 3 month pictures:

No comments: