Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's Cooking: Pretzel Chicken

Pretzel chicken? Yes! I was browsing on Pinterest and saw that someone had pinned this. The chicken looked so crispy and the honey dijon sauce sounded really good.


Modifications/Substitutions: I didn't end up deep frying the chicken. Instead I pounded out my chicken a bit and then pan fried it instead. Also, I didn't have dry mustard so I used a bit of regular mustard in the egg mixture.

Ease: I wouldn't say this is the easiest recipe to execute with three little ones. Really, though, the most time-consuming part was prepping the pretzels and the eggs to coat the chicken. I'll give this recipe 3.5 stars for ease.

Affordability: I had most of the ingredients on hand to begin with, so this ended up being very affordable - 4.5 stars.

Taste: I really liked it, especially with the dipping sauce. And, I have to say, the leftovers were even better shredded and made into a chicken salad! I'll go with 4.5 stars for taste.

Family-Friendly: I find that when I pound out my chicken a bit it comes out more tender. Abigail finished her chicken, but Sarah didn't really go for hers. So, I'll go with 3 stars.

What's Cooking Rating: 4 stars (rounded up to the nearest 0.25)

No comments: