Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a great food and fun-filled Thanksgiving yesterday. We started the day with our traditional breakfast casserole (a recipe my mother-in-law shared with me). Up until this year Jonathan and I were the only ones who would eat it. This year Abigail decided that she liked it-I guess that means less for me :-)

We spent most of the day with my family. My Uncle Joe treated us to a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. He made turkey AND ham along with traditional sides. The girls got more food on the floor than in their stomachs, but they enjoyed themselves. At one point during our meal they decided they would feed each other. I didn't mind this at all as long as they were actually eating.

Dessert was INSANE! There was close to one pie/dessert for each person there. I love dessert, but I do not love making decisions, so I had to have a taste of a few things (and brought a plate home as well). Sarah had chocolate pudding pie and, well, she made a mess.

A family tradition of ours is to put up and decorate our tree on Thanksgiving or the day after. We joined in on decorating my parents' tree because my brother and his fiancee were in town and our whole family was together. I'm glad the girls got to join in on the fun because we won't put a tree up this year. We'll be spending Christmas with the Kapaldo's and didn't want to go through all the trouble of setting up our own tree. PLUS, I'll spend less time trying to keep the girls from messing with the tree.

Abigail really enjoyed decorating the tree. Sarah really enjoyed taking ornaments off of the tree.

We decided to give each of the grand-daughters a chance to put the angel on top of the tree. We have pictures of my sister and I doing the same thing when we were kids.

All in all it was a great day. We have so much to be thankful for, the biggest thing being our family, so it was great being surrounded by family all day long (we also had a chance to talk with the Kapaldo's face-to-face using the computer-which the girls loved). We hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving!

No comments: