Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sarah's Dedication

We dedicated Sarah to the Lord on Sunday, January 17 at our home church, GENESIS. We were happy that so much of our family was able to share this important event with us. I was struck by how big a deal this was as I stood on stage and our Pastor asked us if we would commit to (1) love the Lord with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength-keeping Jesus Christ as our first love (2) provide a home that would model to Sarah what it means to love God and love others and (3) care and provide for Sarah, teaching and training her in the truths about Christianity and Jesus so one day (by God's grace) she may receive Him as her Lord and Savior. Raising a child is a big deal! Please pray for Jonathan and I, that we would remember the commitment we made in raising both Sarah and Abigail and that we would follow through on our commitment.

Sarah wore only part of the special gown that has been a part of my family for decades. This gown was made out of fabric from my Great Aunt Anne's wedding dress. My aunt, uncles, mom, cousins, and siblings were all baptized, christened, or dedicated in the gown (including me). Anyway, she only wore the inner layer because the outer layer simply was too small. I'm hoping to get her back into the inner layer and lay the outer layer on top so we can get a picture of her in the gown. In the meantime, here is a picture from the dedication and a picture of Sarah at home the same day:


No comments: